SPECIAL WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS 2019
20 December 2019
The weather systems that will likely affect most parts of the country during the Christmas Holidays are the prevailing Northeast Monsoon, a low pressure area (LPA) and the passage of a tropical cyclone.
December 21 - 23
- Luzon and Visayas will have generally fair weather apart from isolated thunderstorms. Mindanao will experience cloudy skies with scattered rains and thunderstorms due to the LPA south of Mindanao.
- Southern Luzon, Visayas and northeastern Mindanao will be cloudy with moderate to occasionally heavy rains and gusty winds due to the tropical cyclone that may cross Visayas.
- Sea travelers are advised to exercise extra caution due to potentially rough seas over the coastal waters of southern Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.
- Eastern section of northern Luzon will have light rains due to Northeast Monsoon. Metro Manila and the rest of Luzon will have generally fair weather apart form isolated thunderstorms.
- Improving weather condition will be experienced over southern Luzon, Visayas and northeastern Mindanao. Metro Manila and the rest of the country will continue to have fair weather condition with possible occurence of isolated thunderstorms.
In light of the holiday season celebration, the public is advised to continuously monitor for updates particularly on the tropical cyclone that may affect the country during the outlook period.
PAGASA will continue to monitor and inform the public of any significant changes in the weather.
For more information, please contact the forecaster on duty of the Weather Division at telephone number (02) 8927-2031 or log on to bagong,pagasa.dost.gov.ph.
ESPERANZA O. CAYANAN, Ph.D.
Chief, Weather Division
More Press Release
22 June 2020
The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (DOST-PAGASA) puts up fight against v...Read more